At FrameTrek, we aim to be open about the way our site works to collect user data. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What Personal Information About Users Does FrameTrek Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at FrameTrek. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give to us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you. We store the information that you provide to us for registering with us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, and communication preferences) and any other information that you choose to send to us.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses FrameTrek or any related website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2. How long we retain your data?
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (their username might be an exception from this). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Your personal data will be retained whilst you continue to be an active subscriber, and for up to 3 years afterwards.
- In all other cases, we will erase your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
3. How do we use your data?
- improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalise the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you our newsletter (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe option in the email) and other marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our Site is HTTPS/SSL encrypted and we will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
4. What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide a personalised browsing experience.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
5. Does FrameTrek Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. However, we use third party services and plugins to provide features like news letters, personalised recommendations, etc. This means, your data is shared with them (Google, Jetpack, Mailchimp, etc.) and it is not stored exclusively at FrameTrek.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated into another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors, and to any potential purchaser’s advisors, and following completion of a sale would transfer to the new owners of the business.
6. What About Third-Party Advertisers?
- Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
7. Your Data Rights
- It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your ‘data rights’; in particular, your right to not to have personal data used for direct marketing purposes. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the right to access, modify, and delete your data.
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your name, email address, etc. You may also instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
- You can also request that we erase any or all personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Following a request we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information.
Information About Us
FrameTrek’s servers and its web hosting service provider are based in the United States.
FrameTrek is a personal Blog, Youtube Channel and eBook Brand created, owned and operated by Hungarian citizen Istvan Gal, a natural person at 1074, Budapest, Hungary. Personal e-mail address: email@example.com